Journal Publications and Conference Proceedings
- D. Duplyakin, J. Brown, and D. Calhoun, "Evaluating active learning with cost and memory awareness", in 32nd IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), Vancouver, WA, May 21-25 2018.
- D. Calhoun and C. Burstedde, "ForestClaw : A parallel algorithm for patch-based adaptive mesh refinement on a forest of quadtrees", (2017), arXiv:1703.03116.
- K. T. Mandli, A. J. Ahmadia, M. Berger, D. Calhoun, D. L. George, Y. Hadjimichael, D. I. Ketcheson, G. I. Lemoine, and R. J. LeVeque, "Clawpack: Building an open source ecosystem for solving hyperbolic PDEs", Peer J Computer Science, 2 (2016).
- C. Smith, S. Prescott, E. Ryan, D. Calhoun, R. Sampath, and S. D. Anderson, "Flooding Capability for River-based Scenarios", Tech. Rep. INL/EXT-15-37091, Idaho National Laboratory Idaho Falls, October 2015.
- C. Burstedde, D. Calhoun, K. T. Mandli, and A. R. Terrel, "ForestClaw: Hybrid forest-of- octrees AMR for hyperbolic conservation laws", in Parallel Computing : Accelerating Computational Science and Engineering (CSE), M. Bader, A. Bode, H.-J. Bungartz, M. Gerndt, G. R. Joubert, and F. Peter, eds., vol. 25 of Advances in Parallel Computing, IOS Press, 2014, pp. 253–262.
- P. H. Lauritzen, P. A. Ullrich, C. Jablonowski, P. A. Bosler, D. Calhoun, A. J. Conley, T. Enomoto, L. Dong, S. Dubey, O. Guba, A. B. Hansen, E. Kaas, J. Kent, J.-F. Lamarque, M. J. Prather, D. Reinert, V. V. Shashkin, W. C. Skamarock, B. Sorensen, M. A. Taylor, and M. A. Tolstykh, "A standard test case suite for two-dimensional linear transport on the sphere: results from a collection of state-of-the-art schemes", Geosci. Model Dev., 7 (2014), pp. 105–145. (more info)
- J.-R. Ling, D. Calhoun, C. Poupon, and D. L. Bihan, "Numerical simulation of di↵usion MRI signals using an adaptive time-stepping method", Physics in Medicine and Biology, 59 (2014), pp. 441–454.
- D. Calhoun, C. Helzel, ``A finite-volume method for solving parabolic equations on logically Cartesian curved surface meshes'', SIAM J. Sci. Comp., Vol. 31, Issue 6. pp. 4066-4099 (2009) (.pdf, more info)
- M. Berger, D. Calhoun, C. Helzel, R. J. LeVeque, ``Logically rectangular finite volume methods with adaptive refinement on the sphere'', Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, Vol. 367, No. 1907, pp. 4483-4496 (2009) (.pdf)
- J. Li, D. Calhoun, L. Brush, ``Efficient thermal field computation in phase-field models'', J. Comp. Phys., Vol. 228, Issue 24. pp. 8945-8957 (2009) (.pdf)
- A. Kato, L. M. Moskal, P. Schiess, M. Swanson, D. Calhoun, W. Stuetzle, "Capturing tree crown formation through implicit surface reconstruction using airporne lidar data", Remote Sensing of Environment Vol. 113, pp. 1148-1162 (2009) (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun, C. Helzel, R. J. LeVeque. ``Logically rectangular grids and finite volume methods for PDEs in circular and spherical domains''. SIAM Review Vol. 50, Issue 4, pp. 723-752. (2008) (.pdf, more info)
- D. Calhoun, H. Paillere. ``Wave propagation algorithms and adaptive mesh refinement for CFD simulations of potential hydrogen explosions in nuclear containment structures''. Proceedings of the Joint International Topical Meeting on Mathematics and Computation and Supercomputing in Nuclear Applications. Monterey, California, April (2007)
- D. Calhoun, C. Helzel, R. J. LeVeque. ``A Finite Volume Grid for Solving Hyperbolic Problems on the Sphere'', Hyperbolic Problems : Theory, Numerics, Applications, Springer. Proceedings of the Eleventh Int. Conf. on Hyperbolic Problems, Lyon, France. July 17-21 (2006) (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun and R. J. LeVeque, ``An accuracy study of mesh refinement on mapped grids'', Proceedings of the Chicago Workshop on Adaptive Mesh Refinement, September, 2003. Series: Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Vol 41. December (2004). (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun, ``A Cartesian grid method for solving the two-dimensional streamfunction vorticity equations in irregular regions'', J. Comp. Phys., Vol. 176, pp. 231-275. (2002). (.pdf)
- S. Wood, M. Baker, and D. Calhoun, "New model for the vapor growth of hexagonal ice crystals in the atmosphere", J. of Geophys. Res., Vol. 106, pp. 4845-4870 (2001). (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun, R.J. LeVeque, ``Solving the advection-diffusion equation in irregular geometries'', J. Comp. Phys. Vol. 156, pp. 1-38. (2000). (.pdf)
- R. J. LeVeque and D. Calhoun, In "Computational Modeling in Biological Fluid Dynamics", (L. J. Fauci and S. Gueron, eds.) IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications Vol. 124, pp. 117-143, Springer-Verlag, 2001. (Proceedings of an IMA Workshop January. (1999) (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun, "A Cartesian grid method for solving the streamfunction-vorticity equations in irregular geometries", PhD Thesis, University of Washington, Dept. of Applied Mathematics (1999). (.pdf)
- D. Calhoun and N. Coulon, "Thermodynamics and transport of homogenous air-vapor-liquid mixture through cracks in concrete (Part II)", Technical Report, Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, RAPPORT SFME/LTMF/RT/10-014/A, Direction de l'Energie Nucleaire, (2010).
- D. Calhoun, "Thermodynamics and transport of homogenous air-vapor-liquid mixture through cracks in concrete", Technical Report, Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, RAPPORT SFME/LTMF/RT/09-007/A, Direction de l'Energie Nucleaire, (2009).
- D. Calhoun, "Using Cartesian Embedded Boundary Methods to Simulate Detonations in Complex Geometry", Technical Report, Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, RAPPORT SFME/LTMF/RT/09-010/A, Direction de l'Energie Nucleaire, (2009).
- D. Calhoun. ``Wave propagation algorithms and adaptive mesh refinement for simulating hydrogen explosions in nuclear containment buildings'', Technical Report, Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, RAPPORT SFME/LTMF/RT/07-14/A, Direction de l'Energie Nucleaire (2007).
Last modified: Wed Jul 23 02:48:21 CEST 2014