To apply to MS in Mathematics program, please complete the steps listed below. Priority will be given to applications received by February 1 for Fall admission, but all other applications will be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the MS in Mathematics program!
- Fill out the Graduate College application form.
- Request three letters of recommendation. At least two of them should be persons who know your academic work. If this is impossible because of your particular career path, please include letters from people who know your abilities in other areas of endeavor and include a brief explanation.
- Request official transcripts from all institutions previously attended to be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office, MS-1110, Boise State University, Boise, ID 83725.
- Have scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) sent to the Graduate Admissions Office (code 4018). All applicants are recommended, but not required, to take the mathematics subject test of the GRE. A copy of this score should be sent along with the general GRE test score.
- International students must take an English language proficiency test. The minimum TOEFL score of 587 (paper test) or 240 (computer test) or 95 (Internet test) is required. The minimum score for the IELTS is 6.5.
- After you complete and submit your online Graduate College application, submit the following documents by choosing the orange Mathematics button in the left menu of the online system (this is how you apply to our degree program):
- A curriculum vita / résumé
- A one-page personal statement indicating your career objectives, and field of interest. If you wish to be considered for a teaching assistantship or research fellowship, tell us why and include any special qualifications you bring to these positions.