|E-mail (preferred contact)||email@example.com|
|Office location||Math Building Room 233D|
|Spring 2015 Office Hours for Students||Tue 1:30-2:30, Thu 10:30-12, & by appointment|
|Spring 2015 Teaching||Math 261 in MB 107, Tue/Thu 12 to 1:15 pm|
I joined the Department of Mathematics at Boise State University as a tenure-track mathematics education faculty member in Fall 2013. I held a similar position at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi (2010-2013) after completing a Ph.D. in Educational Mathematics from the University of Northern Colorado (2006-2010).
This year has been focused on developing partnerships. I’m teaching courses for elementary education majors, secondary mathematics education majors, and graduate students in mathematics education, as well as continuing a multi-year mathematics & science partnership for preparing teachers, starting-up a couple research projects, and directing the website for the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators.
- Curriculum Vitae (Academic Resume)
- Math 261: Statistics for the Classroom – this statistics course for preservice secondary mathematics teachers features a statistical consulting project with local community partners.
- Math 257: Geometry & Probability for Teachers – an activity-based mathematics course for elementary education majors, features an awesome geometric art project (Fall 2013)
- Archived Course Websites – more than a dozen undergraduate and graduate mathematics education and general mathematics courses (Fall 2010 – Summer 2013)
Educational Web Development
Part of my scholarship focuses on the design and development of websites in mathematics education. See below for some examples.
- ETEAMS - A new math and science teacher preparation partnership funded by NSF.
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators – the leading professional organization for people like me
- Islander Math Circles – problem sessions for talented middle & high school math students
- DoMathTogether.com – elementary math activities for teachers and families
- STaR Fellows - a network for early career mathematics education faculty
- STPAT – teacher-led reform in local middle and high school math classes