|E-mail (preferred contact)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office location||Math Building Room 233D|
|Spring 2014 Office Hours for Students||Tue/Thu 10:30-11:45 am, Wed 12-1 pm, & by appointment|
|Spring 2014 Teaching||Math 261 in MB 107, Tue/Thu 12 to 1:15 pm
Math 497 in MB 107, Tue 9-9:50 am
I joined the Department of Mathematics at Boise State University as a tenure-track mathematics education faculty member in Fall 2013. I held a similar position at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi (2010-2013) after completing a Ph.D. in Educational Mathematics from the University of Northern Colorado (2006-2010).
This year has been focused on transitioning to my new job. I’m teaching courses for elementary education majors, secondary mathematics education majors, and graduate students in mathematics education, as well as helping to launch a multi-year mathematics & science partnership for preparing teachers, starting-up a couple research projects, and directing the website for the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators.
- Math 261: Statistics for the Classroom – this statistics course for preservice secondary mathematics teachers features a statistical consulting project with local community partners.
- Math 257: Geometry & Probability for Teachers - an activity-based mathematics course for elementary education majors, features an awesome geometric art project (Fall 2013)
- Archived Course Websites – more than a dozen undergraduate and graduate mathematics education and general mathematics courses (Fall 2010 – Summer 2013)
Educational Web Development
Part of my scholarship focuses on the design and development of websites in mathematics education. See below for some examples.
- ETEAMS - A new math and science teacher preparation partnership funded by NSF.
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators – the leading professional organization for people like me
- Islander Math Circles - problem sessions for talented middle & high school math students
- DoMathTogether.com - elementary math activities for teachers and families
- STaR Fellows - a network for early career mathematics education faculty
- STPAT - teacher-led reform in local middle and high school math classes